Do not know how to set up a router (home Internet)? It is impossible to go to the settings page of the router 192.168.1.1/192.168.0.1 or the login/password does not match? With these or other problems, we will help you understand our article.
What is 192.168.1.1 IP Address or 192.168.0.1?
The numbers provided are a network address or Find an IP address for entering the settings menu of your device, in order to get into it, you need to use the browser. The IP data is installed by default on most models from different network router companies.
How to enter the settings https://192.168.1.1 Internet router and Wi-Fi.
- At first, of course, we’ll check if the modem is on. Let’s check the connection of the network cable to both the modem itself and to the computer.
- We check the serviceability of the network card. A defective network card is a situation that very often becomes the cause of our problem. Go to the Control Panel, the Network Connections tab, and check if the network card is active. On Windows 7 and 8 systems, just press the combination Win + Ron the keyboard, and in the resulting window write the command:
If the network card is inactive, then its icon will be displayed in gray. In this case, it must be activated by simply clicking on it with the right mouse button and selecting the “Enable” drop-down menu.
- If the modem is turned on, the power cord is supposed to be functional, but the red connection icon is on the connection icon, or the message ” network cable is not connected ” next to it, then most likely there is a problem in the network card itself.
- Let’s check the network card settings. This can be done in two ways.
I way: by the combination of keys Win + R we call the window ” execute “, and in the appeared window we start the command line by typing:
So, there was a command line, in it we write the command:
and look at the result. It should be as follows: II way : go to the Control Panel, select Network Connections ( or the combination Win + R -> command ncpa.cpl ), in the network connection window, look for the Connection icon on the local network.
Click on the icon with the right mouse button and select “Status” from the list that appears. If the automatic (dynamic) reception of the IP address is set in the network card settings, the following picture will appear in the network state (the right mouse button on the network card icon – the “Details” button): “The type of the address is automatically received”, and in the fields IP address and the default gateway will indicate our current IP and gateway (modem address). Another thing: sometimes, to eliminate network problems, the standard IP address of the 192.168.1.1 modem is changed, say, to 192.168.3.1. In this case, and the computer address, of course, should be on the same subnet, otherwise, nothing will work. Therefore, here is the advice: after calling the command line, type ping 192.168.1.1 and, as it is called in the IT environment, “ping” the router:
- The router must ping without problems. If the IP addresses are correct, but the router does not ping, look at the next item.
- Access is blocked by a firewall (firewall). In this situation, one tip is to disconnect the connection to the Internet, completely disable the security system and again check the access to the web interface of the modem. It’s worth noting that in some situations, disabling the firewall does not help, and even if the rules are correctly written, the system continues to block access. Then only the complete uninstallation of the firewall saves.
In order to disable the security system, use the Win + R keys to call the ” Run ” window and type
In the appeared window in the left menu it is necessary to select “Enabling / Disabling the Windows Firewall”, and then – as shown in the picture:
- Perhaps, one of the most common causes of our problem is the browser, which can be either infected by viruses (and then only a full scan with the latest updates can help), or the ” Proxy ” service can be connected in its Router Settings – in this case, its will need to be disabled.
It also happens that a browser crash has occurred and you need to reinstall it. Alternatively, you can try to install and any alternative browser, and go to IP already from it. Perhaps, these were the most frequent problems that cause the access to the Web interface of the modem to be blocked. Sometimes, even completely having executed all possible recommendations, the user can not enter the interface of the device to the user. Alas, in this case, only a complete reinstallation of the operating system can help.
- Sometimes this situation also occurs: the router we see, but we can not enter its settings because the standard password admin is not accepted. How to be in this situation? First you can try to enter other standard passwords. This can be a password password, administrator, 1234 or just an empty string. If this does not solve the problem, you will either have to roll back to the factory settings (then, most likely, you will be able to go to the web interface with the admin admin password) or, if it is realistic, to look for the person who set up the router and set the password.
- And do not forget, after setting up the router, immediately set your password to access its interface, in order to prevent unauthorized users from accessing the network, which can seize your identity and take advantage of your access to the Internet.
Watch this 192.168.l.l Tutorial Video Below: